Sunday 10 November 2013

Wanderlust

I've been having a few "lazy days" lately, including today, where I  stay wrapped in a duvet, drinking more hot cocoa than water, and watching as many episodes of Homeland as is humanely possible.  Days like today make me think about what comes after university when there are no more assignments or exams to study for. I've decided that my number one priority is to travel. I have always held a fascination for countries other than England and it still awes me that planes means you can go to sleep in one country and wake up on the other side of the world. How cool is that?!
For the time being, I daydream daily about where to I want travel first and whether it will actually happen. I loved the idea of a scratch map where you scratch off the places you have been so I improvised my own. I marked the places I want to go, even if I've already been there. Striking the countries I've already visited off a list made it seem too final somehow.  I can't imagine not wanting to go to Japan, France and Italy simply because I've already been there so I made sure I marked them with extra big hearts because I know and love them already.
I spent so much time cutting up hearts and sticking them to my wall which seems a little weird in retrospect but I think it was worth it. Looking at the atlas makes me excited for what will come next, it stops me from panicking about finding a career or having a plan. Worrying about things like that seem a little silly when you're looking at a giant atlas with hearts stuck on it. There, ramble over. I'm going back to my 50th hot cocoa.

1 comment:

  1. That's such a lovely idea! Traveling is one of the best things in life :)

    ReplyDelete