Thursday 21 February 2013

Food friends are fun :)

After a blog hiatus that has lasted far too long, for reasons beyond my power or control (definition: laziness). I realized that I missed posting the random things that pop into my mind when thinking about food. Is that weird? Anyway, what I'm trying to say very badly is that I'm sorry for not posting more often. Here is a nice photo as an apology.
There, that made me feel better anyway. Um..an extra sorry to any vegetarians. I had an awesome Christmas holiday, being lucky enough to stay with a family of people who share my love of food and who are tolerant of my inability to act appropriately in the presence of food. The perfect end to the holidays meant the return of the giant macaroon when spookily Zoe and I, completely independently of each other, chose the same three flavours from the same bakery on the same day and only realized when we opened the bags at the same time. First time I have experienced food telepathy and I definitely want it to happen more often. Here's a peek at the evidence of just how similar food cravings become between two girls who spend far too much time talking about food:


I went home after my January exams and after showing my parents all my France photos so far (to my own embarrassment when I realized the ratios to self photos:food is approximately 1:10) I started to realize just how much I'm going to miss it in Aix. I don't think I have ever really been happier which is strange because coming to France wasn't my lifelong dream or anything like that. I only wanted to try a baguette. I've been here for a couple of months now and I don't want to leave. Dammit. Erasmus year sucks. 

Zoe and I have reinstated our weekly lunches out and this week, generous and sympathetic as she is, we got to eat JAPANESE FOOD. OSDLKFJSLDKJFLSKJDF. I have no idea how I managed to go this long without sashimi. If it was possible to absorb raw fish through an IV drip I would. I also overcame my fear of burning rice and cooked omurice for my friends which turned out amazing. I was going to do a "Guess which japanese dish I ate in the restaurant and which one I cooked!" game but after looking at the photographs...you will see why I decided not to.






No comments:

Post a Comment